Clean, livable feed with the best Alberta has to offer
Caiton Farms is a family owned and operated company based out of Balzac, Alberta. We put a strong emphasis on quality and efficiency, both in feeding and feed input costs. As a small locally operated company, we pride in placing our focus on the needs of the people and livestock we serve. The detail-oriented nature of our products will allow livestock feeders the opportunity to work alongside us at Caiton Farms to develop a structured and cost-effective feed program.
To provide performance grade, high standard agricultural products with transparency and integrity. We pride ourselves in our traditional values, our passion for farming, and the education that comes with operating a family owned business. We use the newest knowledge and continuous research to give you the best quality product. We strive for efficiency and sustainability, while keeping our Canadian roots grounded to family and community.
WHAT MAKES OUR PRODUCT SPECIAL?
Our team works closely with a licensed equine & cattle nutritionist to give you a healthier, cost efficient product. Our nutrition for equine and cattle is formulated with essential ingredients, so that horses and cattle will absorb the nutrients, utilize the feed, and get the desired results.
The production of our produce is currently not organic certified; however, industry links enable us to source organic feed at the right quantity.
Based on our processes, and attention to details on our products, we are able to decrease a total cost per day for most producers. As with higher quality per kernel, it decreases the amount of product required to meet or exceed our competitors benchmarks, relative to returns per unit of input. The cleaner we can get a bag of oats, the higher value to a consumer with each added kg. The more plump, clear, and white each kernel can be, the better the results and success for your livestock.
Organic farming is a method of crop and livestock production that involves much more than choosing not to use pesticides, fertilizers, genetically modified organisms, antibiotics and growth hormones.
Organic production is a holistic system designed to optimize the productivity and fitness of diverse communities within the agro-ecosystem, including soil organisms, plants, livestock and people. The principal goal of organic production is to develop enterprises that are sustainable and harmonious with the environment.
The general principles of organic production, from the Canadian Organic Standards (2006), include the following:
- protect the environment, minimize soil degradation and erosion, decrease pollution, optimize biological productivity and promote a sound state of health
- maintain long-term soil fertility by optimizing conditions for biological activity within the soil
- maintain biological diversity within the system
- recycle materials and resources to the greatest extent possible within the enterprise
- provide attentive care that promotes the health and meets the behavioral needs of livestock
- prepare organic products, emphasizing careful processing, and handling methods in order to maintain the organic integrity and vital qualities of the products at all stages of production
- rely on renewable resources in locally organized agricultural systems
We have vendors who carry our livestock feed in both Alberta and British Columbia. Our current vendors include:
- The Feed Store at Cochrane – Cochrane, AB
- The Cowboy’s Choice – Vernon, BC
- Diamond H-Tack – Kelowna, BC
Our feed is also available for pickup near Balzac, AB and delivery services are available for the Calgary area, and smaller municipalities of Southern Alberta upon request. Minimum orders apply.